Monday, September 10, 2007

What a Beautiful Sunday...

Sunday was such a wonderful day. (okay we only went to sacrament meeting, but we were going to be with family) It was such a nice cool day, cloudy. Wonderful! We went to the farm to hang out with the family and eat that wonderful meal that Grandma makes...Ham, Corn , Fried Okra, Bread, Cake...Yeah, loaded with calories, but who cares! Darcy and I burned some calories as we always do. We walked to the barn, fed the horses, played with the cats, swung on the tire swing and then, got some horse feed and went to catch Pokey. She's named pokey for a reason...She babysits children...It's her specialty. Pokey babysat me when I was little and taught us all how to ride. So, now Darcy, being the whole 27 pounds that she is, Leads Pokey to the barn so she can get a saddle, And stuff her little pockets with horse treats. Pokey loves that. Darcy climbs up on her stool so that she can reach pokey and brush her. It's like watching myself, 20 years ago...We get the horse saddled and and off she goes...pokey was definitely pokey today...She didn't want to walk much. But enough to please Darcy. We tied her up and I went in the house while Darcy stayed with Pokey. As I was watching from the window, Once again it was like watching myself...Darcy fed Pokey grass, sticks, pet and kissed her nose, Tried to untie her so she could lead her around (couldn't get the rope undone) and was just happy being outside. She's definitely my child. These are the best kind of days...

1 comment:

Tonia said...

That really sounds like a day from a wonderful little dreamland found somewhere far far away from Dallas.
I envy you. Isn't it fun to see those wonderful little parts of ourselves mirrored in our own kids?
So, tell me about this job.