Friday, November 9, 2007

November 10, 2007

Today (tommorrow) will be a tough day. Today is my brother's birthday and he would have been 25. Hopefully this writing therapy will help some. Although I know he's watching me and telling me to "suck it up", doesn't make it a whole lot easier. A few things I miss...

1. I could always whine and moan or tell him what I was pissed about, and he would listen and then tell me to get over it.

2. He made fun of me because when I am done eating a sandwich of some sort (McDonald's, Mr. Goodcents, Subway) I fold the wrapper before I throw it away. I never realized this until he pointed it out.

3. I used to blast Garth Brooks on the radio when I got out of the shower in the morning getting ready for school...HE would get pissed because he knew it was time to get up.

4. We Always took up for each other, no matter what.

5. Jared was patient with me, even when I became really impatient. He always could read how I was feeling and would say "What's your problem?"

6. He was onery and always figuring out what to try to crash and burn next...

7. Super Mario Brothers

8. Legos

9. Him and Brandon (best friend) laughing about something they'd been sneaking around doing.

10. I just miss my brother.

This was last Thanksgiving...

Jared made the trip to Texas to see us and we all drove to Houston to see the Chiefs game, This is him with Brandon and Casey (his best friends, my other brothers), dad and Darcy

Jared and Darcy at her First Real NFL Game...

4 comments:

Clinesville said...

How blessed you are to have such a wonderful brother!

Farrah said...

Amber,

I know this day must be really hard for you. You both were- are so lucky to have each other. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Amber said...

Thanks Ladies.

Tonia said...

I know you miss him. It's good to grieve and it's wonderful that you can be so positive. "Angels are dispensers and administrators of divine beneficence to us: they regard our safety, undertake our defense, direct our ways, and excercise a constant solicitude." By that definition, Jared was truly an angel on this earth for you and now continues that calling with an even broader reach. He is always with you.