Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Pretty in Pink...

My daily dose of the news usually comes at 7:00 a.m. when I get just a few minutes to myself. Today on Good Morning America ( my # 1 news source ), there was a story about how beef is infused with Carbon Monoxide to make it a pretty pink. This can't be good. Other countries, i.e. canada and japan and the Continent of Europe, Have banned this, so why are we still doing it. At one point they layed out two packages of meat, one infused with C. O. , that were both 2 years old and infected with e-coli. Of course one was brown and the other was still pretty pink. Yuck! ONe more reason to have my own garden...Some of my meat comes from my uncle's cattle, but I think I'll make all my meat come from there...If I even continue to eat much meat. Yes, mom you are right!

Here's the article : http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Consumer/story?id=3863064&page=1

1 comment: