Monday, January 14, 2008

Decorating Assistance Please!

Okay, Here is a different blog for ya! I need help coming up with some kind of Design for my front room! This is the room that you walk into from the front door. It's kind of an extra living room/sitting room/office area. Here we go!

The couch has a green slipcover over it. It's blue and white check underneath. The computer desk is Dark Green, I'm thinking of painting it black. The Hutch, I'm thinking of moving to the big empty wall and ditching the top of it, just using it as a buffet. Then I could decorate the wall above it?



I am really in need of help for this room so let's hear the ideas from you creative women!

3 comments:

Clinesville said...

I don't know how to help...I have to actually be in the space to figure it out.
I'll think on it and let you know if I come up with anything good.

Clinesville said...

Okay, I looked at it again and I think you should put in a built in window seat/bench thing; that's all wasted space and then you could have storage underneath. I also think you need a focal point i.e. picture or vinyl on the wall your hutch is at, then maybe put the couch across from it (so the back is to the door) and then do like you said with taking the top off the hutch and make that a couch table thing behind it, then you could put frames or what ever on it. Then move the computer table to the opposite wall that it's on. Okay I hope that made some sense and like I said before I kind of need to be in the room to really know what to do with it.

Amber said...

Josh thought he would like a window seat also...If I put the couch across the room with the back to the door, do you think it will cut off the room? I'll take a picture from the other angle to show you the other side of the room...