Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Journey to Preparedness


So, Today I had to work an event we put on at the school. Our Easter Egg Hunt, Mass Chaos, inside the school. But it went really well. But while I was there, one of my families, that I happen to go to church with (Shirley Western) told me of an event going on at the stake center. It was an emergency preparedness event that anyone could go to! So I went over there when I was done at school and there were lots of tables set up with food storage ideas, gardening, recipes to use, how to prepare your water, communication, and to top it off they gave 3 cans of the #10 food storage items to every family ! This just goes right along with helping us get prepared! What a fabulous event! And why did I now know about it before today? I'm guessing because I'm usually in Young Women's for announcements...Glad I got to go!

No comments: