Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Pay Attention!

Josh and I have been tinkering with the idea of doing a bathroom makeover. We had fun at lowes last night picking out all our dream stuff. Then we were reading in Revelations last night and I kind of got this feeling that we should do some other things first. I believe I even said to Josh, "I think we need to expand out our garden as far as we can." We also need to have more food storage. I've also had a thought in the back of my mind about HIGH gas prices and What if something happens to the trucking industry... So today, Josh called me to tell me a story. I still have goose bumps from this!! My sister-in-law's Dad is a single's ward bishop from independence, and a couple from his ward had gone to the temple to be married a coupl of months ago. (Salt Lake) Well it just so happens that President Hinckley was there and decided to chat with them for about 10 minutes. He asked them if they were taking a honeymoon. The couple told him yes, in a few days. Well after a few minutes, the PROPHET pulled the husband aside and told him that he should just take a long weekend honeymoon and spend the rest of his money on food storage because he was going to need it!!! I still have chills and I'll tell you right now that I'm listening to that and I'm going to finish getting my food storage in order!! That means no bathroom remodeling for me. Does it really matter if I have a pretty bathroom? Absolutely not! What I have now is fine for me. Talk about getting my priorities in order! That story did it for me!

6 comments:

Catherine said...

It's a good feeling to have my food storage mostly in, I will admit. That "fear factor" is gone about the food. But, I feel like there's alot more "preparedness issues" I could work on to prepare even more: ie: warm clothes, making sure flashlights all have fresh batteries, getting packpacks put together for a "quick go" scenario. (Cheryl's a great resource for that . . .) and getting my Legal stuff in order too: will, who gets my kids if Matt and I died . . .

Like you, I've been thinking/working on this stuff too. I can't wait to see your garden. Very cool, and I STILL WANT to get some manure from your grandma for my garden this year!!!

Amber said...

I'm jealous! I'll gotta get it together!
You can get all the manure you want! And the girls will have fun up there too. I definitely need to get my legal stuff in order too.

Farrah said...

Amber,

Thanks for sharing. We had stake conference this weekend and Elder Oaks was here. It was emphasized that we REALLY need to be doing with the prophets have been telling us to do - like food storage. It really hit home for me too.

Tonia said...

Oh, yes. Farrah called me yesterday and asked if I had seen your blog yet. When she told about it, I got goose bumps too. We then both started discussing plans to get things done. We(Mark & I) are extremely unprepared. I know that everybody is talking about buying new TV's w/ the tax bonus that's coming this summer, but we were talking about getting food storage with at least some of that $. Our budget seems to be stretched to the max as is it is, but I have faith that by doing those things that are asked of us, everything will work out and the path will be laid out in front us.
Thank you so much for sharing that experience.

Amber said...

I'm with you on the tax rebate deal...We are putting ours in savings and then using some on more food storage!

Ditaur said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.