Thursday, April 10, 2008

Day of Remembering




So I thought today would be a hard day, but the thoughts of my brother have been with me all week. And last night I watched that show with the professor that has cancer, so I got out some crying last night. Today, it has been one year since my brother returned to our heavenly father and I'm sure that he is living as a god. I'm so thankful for the plan of salvation and that is the strongest thing that has gotten me through this. Also, Josh will soon do the baptism for him. Just thinking about it gives me chills...Good chills. I know that my brother is so happy now and has a perfect body, not the crippled one any longer. I always pray for him to visit my dreams, and even though I never see a face, 3 times I have felt this warm bright light. I know that he is watching over us, especially my children. Darcy told me that he sits and watches her play. The veil is so thin with children that I don't doubt her. There are so many things around that remind me of him daily. Such as everytime I eat at Chipotle. He ate there at least twice a week. Everytime Texas plays, he was a huge Texas fan. One of the last things we did together was paint his side of the garage Texas Orange. Everytime my garage is unorganized, Jared loved for everything to be in it's place. Jared is the one I would vent to, He would listen and then he would tell me to be nice and get over it. I am blessed with so many memories which I believe helps fill the gap as we wait to see him again...When the time is right...
Jared taught me so many traits throughout my life. He never complained about his life. He endured so much pain, and hardly ever cried. He taught me how to be patient mostly, which is one of the most important things as a parent to have. I am so thankful for everything in my life, a wonderful husband , two beautiful healthy children, a family that loves us, friends that will always be there for us, And of course the tools we need to return to our heavenly father.
So , a tribute to my brother, We think of you daily, we all miss you so much, but we will see you soon little bro...

2 comments:

Dumuro said...

See Please Here

KC Kanenwishers said...

What a sweet way to honor your brother. Thinking about his baptism gives me "chills" too. I'm grateful that you have a knowledge of where he is and that you will see him again. He sounds like an amazing person. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about him.