Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring is Awake...

What a wonderful day yesterday...Sunshine warm on my back as we got so much work done outside! I loved every minute of it! I couldn't stop, the sunshine was just so energizing! We started out going to Platte City to clean the church, turns out Platte City Ward was there also and most of it was done! Then on to Smithville to get Josh's oil changed and trade the car for my dad's truck. Then it was on to get truckloads of mulch for our little playground. This was originally the spot for our garden, but it turns out there were some drainage issues, so playground it is! We'll move the garden to another place in the yard.



The kids personal playground Complete! Oh, and I must say that the swingset was free which makes it even better! Now we don't have to worry that the grass will get torn up and all the toys can stay in one place! I also got one flower bed mulched and weeded, added some liriope (aka monkey grass) to my front landscaping, plotted the spot for my new garden. Also, all the things I transplanted to my house from my grandma's a couple of weeks ago is all budding, which means I didn't kill anything! Woohoo! My gardening skills are improving! After all the yard work, I cleaned out my van, took it to the car wash and vacuumed it out. It took two sets of quarters to complete the vacuuming...Woops...

The sun is so energizing and I'm so glad that it's back!! I even got some sun on my face!