Monday, May 5, 2008

Progress



Well, my garden will be getting a late start this year as will everyone else's I imagine due to the late coldness and all the rain. But, we've got a start...My dad help me cut out the sod with a manual sod cutter. Not sure why he didn't get the electric one, but I sure have an appreciation for the pioneers and their manual equipment! I was exhausted ! That might have been the best work out I've ever had in my life! Next step...Bring in some good dirt and get to planting! It will all pay off in the end!

7 comments:

Catherine said...

once again -- YOU GO GIRL!! So jealous to have such a large garden spot. It's going to be awesome for you and your family!

RitterB's said...

Wow what an awesome garden spot! What are you going to plant? I have gone smaller this year. I will just be planting tomatoes and green peppers. Gotta make that salsa! YuM

Amber said...

Yep, I'm with you on the salsa! I'm going to do Roma Tomatoes, Ocra, Green Beans, Strawberries, Peppers, maybe a couple of jalepeno plants...

Sam Ransom said...

I'm very impressed. I have no green thumb whatsoever. I'm still just working on controlling the grass and weeding the front area we have. Speaking of I need to weed it ...tomorrow, maybe tomorrow...

Lori said...

You are so awesome! I haven't made it that far with my garden yet. Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! Home grown produce is the best.

Sam and Lacey said...

Oh my word! I cannot believe how close that trampoline came to your car. How scary! I guess I really can't complain that my tulips are all leaning to one side.

KC Kanenwishers said...

Good job!! I'd be glad to take any extra produce off your hands this summer! No garden for me this year...maybe some tomatoes.