Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lazy Days of Summer...


We have really been enjoying our last days of summer. It makes me sad that summer is already almost over! It really is true that the older you get, the faster time goes. Crazy.
So last weekend we went to the fair again...My uncle and Cousin ended up winning two classes in their team penning competion...95 teams in one class and 144 in the other. Congratulations to them! Here's the kids sitting on "Shooter"


No state fair is complete without the pig races! Those little porkers are fast when they are racing for an oreo!




Of course we had to go back to the tractors...Here's the kids inside the wheel of the big John Deere!





And Finally, monday, the sweet corn was ready so it was off to the farm to help shuck it all and bring it home and get it put up in the freezer...What a job...I put up 10-1 gallon bags of corn on the cob and 5 quarts of cream corn. That will taste so good this winter! I think I still have 2 bags left from last summer! I have done good at stocking my deep freeze this summer. I'm screwed if we ever lose power for long periods of time. Makes me want to get my generator...Just to keep all the food safe!

2 comments:

KC Kanenwishers said...

You ought to get a generator just for your freezer. We did since we store a lot of food in there as well we thought we could go without power everywhere else except the freezer. I love my frozen food!

Catherine said...

as usual, I'm jealous. Cheryl has a good idea . . .
When does your preschool start up? Are you nervous?