Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fun Friday

We took a day trip to Kingston Friday, The kids and I along with my dad, to go fishing on some property that my uncle leases. I've been up there several times to help work cattle, ride horses, etc. And it's so peaceful there. I just thought it was because I like the country. Turns out that's where the saints were! This time we made a couple of stops. I didn't realize that Far West was just right down the road from where we fish. I had another uncle discover it one day when he went fishing up there and told me all about it. He was so excited and said "you gotta go see this place!" It's amazing what missionary opportunities will pop up, you just have to listen to what to say!
Anyway, we went fishing and then stopped at Far West. There were 5000 people that were here! I didn't realize this was going to be a temple site, until they were forced to leave and that's when they headed to Quincy and then Nauvoo. What a beautiful site! And it was such a beautiful day on Friday! Here are some pics from our day...

1 comment:

KC Kanenwishers said...

What a great day! There are the most special feelings in those places. I'm so glad you got to go there for the day!