Friday, September 26, 2008

The Law of Tithing

It is absolutely amazing to me how paying your tithing results in always having what you need. It took me awhile to learn this when I first became a member, but it was the first lesson I learned, and we have never missed since...For example...
Over the summer I did not receive my paychecks because we did not get enough families last year. So since I had already been paid more, it was offset over the summer. That sucked. My last check was may, and in may, Josh was offered a part-time gig with a friend that just so happened to pay what we usually used from my check! So that got us through the summer. In september, his last payment from his side gig, went to pay a personal property tax bill (backlogged from the whole Texas thing) that just so happened to equal the same amount as that check! It's is just wonderful how the lord knows our needs and he provides for us if we are obedient! My paychecks started back up in September! WooHoo!

4 comments:

Russell Earl Kelly, PHD said...

"It is absolutely amazing to me how paying your tithing results in always having what you need."

This is not a true statement. Read Galatians 3:10 which is quoting Deuteronomy 27:26. You cannot separate tithing from the rest of the 613 commandments of the law. One must obey ALL of them in order to claim the blessings. It was all a TEST. Disobeying even ONE of them brought the cruse of the law.

The nation Israel tithed and split from a civil war after only three kings. Hezekiah reintroduced tithes and was invaded several years later. The greatest percentage of tithers is found in the ghettos where it is treated like a lottery waiting to come in.

NT giving is freewill, sacrificial, generous, joyful, not of commandment and motivated by love for God and lost souls. That is enough.

Russell Earl Kelly, PHD
Author of Should the Church Teach Tithing?
www.tithing-russkelly.com

Catherine said...

WHat????! Dude, who are you??? And why are you writing on this personal blog?

Amber, I agree. I have also experienced that if I am faithful in paying a full tithe - even when I don't have the $$ to pay some of my other bills (eh hem, especially lately) that miracles happen. I have a testimony of tithing and am grateful for the blessings I have been given from a loving Heavenly Father. No one can argue with our personal experiences.

Amber said...

If you click on that guys blog you will see that he has nothing better to do than try to prove tithing payers wrong....Back off my blog buddy...

KC Kanenwishers said...

Thanks for sharing your experience...russell...your phd is nothing on a living prophet and the Holy Ghost.