Friday, September 5, 2008

"Maverick"


Wow, I am impressed. I've gotten into politics a lot more this go around. I'm so excited for McCain's choice for VP. I think it will be wonderful to have these two working for us in the white house! I mean Sarah Palin has a lot of votes covered...She has a special needs child, a child going to Iraq, a teenage daughter that is pregnant, she is a mom, and she is Sassy! And there was one more thing that I can't thing of now...But she's covered across the board!
I watched McCain speak also and yes, he's not the best speaker, but as I watch him speak (and yes I watched Obama too) He seems so genuine and sweet! I have a wonderful feeling when I listen to him speak. If you have not yet watched the video on his website about his military experience, you must watch it. Absolutely gives me the chills and I get emotional everytime I watch it. This man served his country for so long and was a POW for 5 1/2 years! Even offered early release because his father was the commander at the time. He said no, it was supposed to be "first in, first out" , just like everyone else. This is just one example of the Spirit this man has for his country! My dad was a navy pilot, and I cannot imagine how it would be to be a P.O.W.. John McCain is the one that presented my dad with his "Top Gun" award at the McCain Naval Base in Mississippi. Maybe I'm partial to Military people, I don't know. But I know who I'm voting for!!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

For me, it was interesting to watch the convention speeches for both parties. Palin sure was a STRATEGIC CHOICE for McCain's VP pick. I agree that she brings alot to the table - I was just initially concerned about her experience, like many others. So I was glad that I was able to watch (most of) her speech -- it made me feel more confident in her. She's spunky! Can you imagine, though, having her job with a 4 month old baby??!! That's kinda wild. I wonder how much, if any, her age, "inexperience" and young family would influence people to NOT vote for them (she & McCain), since the possibility of her taking over the Presidency is there if something were to ever happen to McCain. (I don't know if I made any sense there . . .)

I thought Obama's speech was also very "INTERESTING" to watch. I haven't been following his policies or strategy too much, but I think his charisma is one of his biggest assets. Regardless of whether I'd vote for him or not, I thought he delivered his speech well and I can see how he'd get everyone riled up and excited for "change." Matt says Obama reminds him of JFK.

At this point, I think either party could win, which is

It's going to be a very interesting election. I'm excited to watch the debates!

Amber said...

I agree! I cannot wait to watch the debates!