Monday, October 6, 2008

Thankful

Today I had a little extra time before my visits, so I stopped at my brother's grave for a few minutes. I have not been there for awhile, I guess because I know that he is wonderful and that he's not really at the grave, but I felt that I should stop by. I stood there for a few minutes reflecting and saying my prayers. It is so peaceful out there and a good place to think. I finished my prayers and went on to work...
I've been trying to decide who to ask help from for Thursday, since I have an all day training (only 3 per year) and no family members are available to watch my kids. I hate asking for help and I've been worried about it now for a couple of weeks. I really didn't want josh to have to call in sick either. So today, while I was working, my brother's friend Lisa was on my mind. It did not go away so I decided to call and ask her if she minded watching my kids on Thursday. She said she was also watching another child on Thursday, so it would be no problem. I do not find it coincidence that this all came together today for me. I'm so thankful for the promptings that we receive and the ability to listen and follow those promptings. I'm so thankful for the sweet spirit in our home and for the ability to ask for help from our heavenly father and people near to me.

4 comments:

RitterB's said...

Please keep me in mind to help out. I love your kids and am always happy to help you out! I am grateful for my family in the gospel.

KC Kanenwishers said...

me too...

Ryan & Tiffany said...

What would we do without those little promptings? I can't imagine raising a family without the gospel. Thanks for sharing your experience. :)

Sam Ransom said...

Add me to the available list. Let me know anytime I can help.

What a sweet experience!