Thursday, December 4, 2008

Trials

UPDATE: He came through surgery and is awake and has feeling everywhere. He has 8 screws and 2 rods in his neck, screws in his head and will be in traction? for several weeks. Medicine is absolutely amazing to me. They operated on the back of his neck, through the front of his neck and then flipped him over during surgery to finish. Thank goodness for cell phones as well. He was awake after falling from the tree, but couldn't get up, so he called his buddy and an ambulance. Absolutely amazing! The next day will be critical but they think he will be just fine...

I have talked with so many families over the last week that are having such big trials in their life. I'm not sure why I know so many of these families and after thinking and worrying about all of this turmoil for these families, I've decided that maybe it's opportunity for me to provide more service. Also being thankful for all of our blessings, but I'm thankful daily...So I've decided that it's supposed to be me providing more service to others.

Today's trial I heard is horrible...I have a preschooler, who's dad went hunting this week with some buddies. I talked to him tuesday and he was so excited. Yesterday afternoon he fell out of his tree stand and broke his neck. Two vertebrae. He did have movement, but he was airlifted from Kansas to St. Lukes on the plaza. He will be in Surgery all day today. All I can do is help with the kids and pray for them. Please pray for them.

3 comments:

KC Mom said...

Gosh, trials like that put things in to perspective don't they.

RitterB's said...

Oh my goodness! We must always count our blessings.

KC Mom said...

I think the power of prayer has blessed his life.