Monday, January 5, 2009

Detox




I have put myself into Detox Mode.
Much less Sugar. No more Diet Dr. Pepper. At least for now, no more Diet DP. Oh how I miss my Soda. But Diet Soda with that darn aspartame is horrible for us and regular soda doesn't help my detox of sugar. 4 days going strong now. I am missing my caffeine, but finding other ways to deal.
All the stupid sugar I ate over the holidays though hurt me. I am up TOO far on the scale and have felt like crap! I'm feeling so much better today and for the first time I don't have that dull headache today that I've had for weeks. I don't know why I do that to myself. I know how sugar effects my body, but I just LOVE it SSOOO much! Stupid Addictive Sugar. Now I have to work it all off. Anyone else feeling my pain!?

5 comments:

The Foodie said...

My tired husband and I are currently on a New Year's 2 week detox with significantly modified diet and pills. I decided to keep track of it out my website and share recipes that actually taste good while you detox (not all of them were good but anyway). I'm sure the biggest effect of the detox is the modified diet more than the pills but by laying down some cash for the pills it makes us stick to the diet.

We are craving sweets like crazy but we are 25% of the way there. Read our journey each day over at

http://www.confessionsofafoodie.com/category/detox-cleansing-diets/

Sincerely,
Foodie

Shauna said...

Girl you know I am, the jeans I wore on the plane to SLC didn't fit two weeks later on the way home. I am completely exhausted after teaching my classes this morning, and it has only been two weeks, and I even worked out some while I was home. Its amazing how much damage we can do in a short time. I was doing awesome until I found some left over carmels in the pantry. Heaven help me, I might need in house rehab:)

McAtee Family said...

I am feeling the same pain!!! My jeans are much tighter now than they were a month ago. Here is hoping that my new elliptical will help (my new years resolution is to do better at exercise - it is my worst enemy).

Sam Ransom said...

Now that Shauna mentioned caramels. I realize I have a few left too! Yum! So umm yes I do believe I fall into the addicted to sugar category!

Lindsey said...

just wanted to check up on you and see how its going!