Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Today's Challenges

**UPDATE** Zach is taking the binkie thing pretty good. He slept good last night, only waking once ,and a cup of lemonade did the trick. I guess this means he's not a baby anymore...


Okay today I had three BIG challenges, among others, but three that stick out in my mind. I had a couple of visits today, so afterwards I stopped by the office to make some copies. In the conference room of our building, their is a small stocked fridge. I bet you can't guess what's in the fridge...(see post below) So I had debates in my head as I was walking in "yes you can have a DDP, no you said no diet soda anymore, but I'm thirsty..." I stood at the fridge with my 50 cents. I made the right choice. I grabbed a bottle of water and ran before I changed my mind. Whew!

Oh, but then the kids wanted quick trip slushies later in the day...Yep, I AGAIN made the right choice! No Soda! Yeah for me!

The third challenge of the day deals with the binkie and my almost 2 year old son. We went to JoAnn's today and he threw his binkie across the store. I took this as an opportunity to "Lose" the Bink. So far I've stuck to my guns. He went to bed without it, with some fuss about it, but at least he's asleep. We'll see how tonight goes, but I've got to stick with it!!

WHEW! I'm tired...Yes these challenges seem small to you, but big to me and I did it!

4 comments:

KC Mom said...

Sounds like you had a pretty good day. The "lost" binkie thing really works...stick to it! I hope he slept alright last night.

Catherine said...

Keep it up girl! You are strong!!

McAtee Family said...

Yahoo for you!! Keep strong - you can do it!

Sam Ransom said...

I'm so impressed!! It isn't a big thing. I remember when I stopped drinking DP. I never did the diet stuff. It was a big change! You go!