Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Catching Up

This weekend we went to St. Louis to visit Josh's brother and family. We stayed 2 nights and it was just nice to sit and relax! When you aren't in your own house, you can't run around and do things that you just remembered to do. You are forced to sit and RELAX! It was very nice.

My Sister-in-Law drove me by this Military Cemetary that is 2nd in size to Arlington. It overlooks the Mississippi river, and you can see the Arch in the distance. There was such a peaceful feeling there among all the white tombstones. It made me think of all the people that have given their lives for us to live here. It also made me think of all the work that is being done and that needs to be done for these spirits. (in our church, we can do baptisms and sealings of family's for those who did not have the opportunity here on earth.)
There were several from the late 1800's, and several that were marked "unknown soldier". It was a very thought provoking place and I kick myself for not having my camera at that moment. I almost always have my camera!

Okay, so on the way home from St. Louis, my sister from Dallas calls me (Allie, whom we visited a couple of weeks ago and Zach got sick, see previous post)
Anyway, calls me and says you are getting on a flight Wednesday afternoon (as in tommorrow) and I'll pick you up, we'll go to dinner, and the rest is a surprise! AND, I'm coming home on the Thursday morning flight at 6 a.m. so I'll be home in time for preschool class. What!? I can't wait to see what my surprise is! This is my birthday present from her (which isn't until april) but she said it had to be this Wednesday night! I wonder what we'll be doing besides eating at my FAVORITE place, Pappasito's! Any guesses!? I'll let you know on thursday what happened!

Enough of my ramblings today...

4 comments:

KC Mom said...

You must be going to a concert for your birthday! Keep us posted!

Shauna said...

I wondered where you were on Sunday! hope you have a great time.

McAtee Family said...

You must have visited Jefferson Barracks National Cementery. Mike's Grandpa is buried there - the place is amazing and has a very reverent feeling there. There is nothing more amazing then standing on the hill where Grandpa Joe was laid to rest - you can look out and see hundreds of white headstones.

Catherine said...

That cemetery sounds cool.

Sounds exciting about your birthday surprise!! Hope you have a blast!