Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Embraced

I was talking with a friend about how I've seen the hand of God in our decision making and as you look back at decisions we've made, I have directly seen how we are following the path we are supposed to be following. There are always hiccups and you fall off the path, but I'm so grateful to have the love of our father in heaven and if we just live how we are supposed to live and follow the commandments and try on a daily basis we are truly blessed. I feel like I have finally embraced motherhood. I'm sure I embraced it along time ago, but even the small chores of folding laundry allows me time to think about my family as I fold their clothes and how quickly my kids grow. It seems silly maybe, but it's the joy in these little things that I notice more lately. I notice how much fun the world is through my children's eyes and when I see their joy, I forget about all the bad things that we hear about on the news. I just want them to have that joy for that moment and all their moments. I want everyday to be a great day for all of us. I want to slow down time sometimes just to watch my babies enjoy life.
I'm so thankful to have family and friends around my children to help guide them and love them and give them different perspectives than I do. I want them to be open-minded and to be able to see situations from another's shoes.I pray everyday to be a better mom than I was the day before. Everyday as mom's we learn something new to store in our brain bank for the next day, if not from our children, then from friends and others. It's what makes us great moms.

3 comments:

RitterB's said...

Well said Amber!

Shauna said...

What a beautiful post and testimony Amber. It brought a tear to my eye. I am blessed to have you as a friend and grateful of your example. Thanks for sharing your journey of motherhood with me:)! P.S were having Darci withdrawls today

Nana said...

People see great mothers through their childrens. You are one of great LDS mothers , thanks for your example.