Friday, March 13, 2009

Workin' Hard



I'm writing this to myself so that if I slip up I can read this and remember how good I felt while eating this way and exercising this way.

I borrowed some new workouts from a friend, Turbo Jam, and they are working well. In order for me to actually lose weight and firm up, I finally got serious with myself because I have a goal to reach by April 18. I had been doing the P90x series, but it wasn't enough cardio for me. So I borrowed this one which is light weights and more cardio and it's working well! The workouts are shorter depending on which one you do. I've been getting up at 6:00 in the morning (very hard at first, but becomes routine) and doing the Turbo Sculpt 3 times a week and cardio workout 2 times a week along with the Ab Workout. In 3 weeks, my legs and butt, well really all over, have firmed up greatly!

When working out it's important to remember that you do have to do cardio in order to lose weight. The turbo sculpt is fast but you are toning muscle at the same time. More muscle = faster metabolism. Combining my workouts with around 1000-1200 calories has enabled me to lose 5 pounds already in 3 weeks! That's what keeps me motivated! I have a short attention span, so as long as I keep seeing results, I can stick with it.

Now, one may think you would starve on 1000 calories...I am not. I have finally figured out the RIGHT calories to eat and I don't get hungry. Plus working out first thing in the morning helps me to remember that I can't snack on crap because I worked hard and don't want to ruin it.

Some things I've been eating:
breakfast- 1/2 cup eggbeaters, 2 slices turkey bacon = 150 calories and around 20 grams protein
snack: protein shake- 1 scoop=23 g protein
lunch - 1 pack of salmon and wasa cracker = 130 calories and 15 g protein
Salad, chicken and veggies for dinner

Other choices: Oatmeal, protein bars (with 20+ grams of protein), protein shakes ,. fruit
The protein really rebuilds your muscles and helps you feel full. I have not been getting hungry and staying away from sugar has helped me feel so much better. I'm not tired and no more headaches!

5 comments:

KC Mom said...

Sounds like a good plan...I have those dvd's and I love them too.
In a couple of weeks you may want to add a couple 100 calories though...

Shauna said...

you go girl, I am proud of you and your dedication!!! It feels so good to work at something and then reap the rewards.

Nana said...

WILL POWER..that's what I call it.
Proud of you and keep it up.
I too have started up my power walk b'cos basketball is over. I need to keep my muscle toned up.

Aubrey said...

I love those cds! My favorite is the ab jam one...I do it every decade or so :)

Frosty said...

Over here from KC Mom's blog. (I'm really a stone's throw from you; I'm in Liberty 2nd Ward.)

Too funny, you sounded a little bit like an infomercial! Good luck with working out, I know all too well how difficult it can be. Keep up the dedication and hard work!

Jackie