Friday, June 26, 2009

Love Your Body

I spend so much time focusing on the parts of my body I want to fix, when really I should just appreciate that I'm healthy and my body works! I came across the blurb in the new Shape Magazine this month and I will hang it on my fridge. I thought I would share with you:

LOVE YOUR BODY TODAY BECAUSE...

1. It's unique;no one else has the same one.

2. It's capable of extraordinary feats, enabling you to run ,climb ,jump ,lift, squat, snuggle, and spoon.

3. No matter how badly you treat it, it's willing to give you another chance.

4. It's expressive, telling you how it feels (pay attention) and broadcasting to others how you feel about it.

5. Let's face it, Confidence is pretty sexy.

6. Your daughter must learn to love hers.

7. Somebody out there (or many somebodies) admires, covets and adores it.

8. You'll regret not loving it more later.

So there you have it! I will post this on my fridge and refer to it when I'm feeling down about my body. I will appreciate my body more and think about the amazing things my body can do!

4 comments:

KC Mom said...

I know these are true and I agree with them...just can't wrap my brain around them.
I try to tell myself at least one of those everyday.

Sam Ransom said...

I love #6! I think that a lot. That I really don't want Sariah to be critical of herself and I want her to know her worth and really love herself. And who teaches our daughters that but their moms.

Frosty said...

I'm with Cheryl, I believe all this to be true...but how do I incorporate them? One step at a time.

With a teenage daughter, #6 is crucial. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend!

Shauna said...

Girl! I love love love that! Thanks for the reminder. We need to spend more time focusing on how damn sexy we are:)