Saturday, June 20, 2009

P-Cola

Second Half of Vacation...Pensacola Beach, Florida

I grew up traveling by plane because my dad is a pilot. So you get used to sitting in airports for long periods of time trying to get to your destination or home;that's what you get for flying stand-by. My kids have already inherited this traveling bug in their blood because they did fabulous on this whole trip! Trying to get home was hard. I probably could have driven home faster from Birmingham, but that's what it is when you fly stand-by. Sitting for hours does save quite a bit of money I suppose. And I got to read Twilight on this trip and just about finished New Moon! (I know I'm a little late on that...)

So, after the family thing in Haleyville (see previous post)My mom, the kids and I drove down to Pesacola Beach for a few days. This is my favorite beach in all of florida I think. White Sand, as fine as sugar...In fact as we were driving down the beach to look around, Zach said in the sweetest little voice "Mom, can we play in the snow?" It's that white...

We had a nice relaxing time, no agenda. The kids had a blast. I felt bad that Josh didn't get to go, but maybe next trip!





















We started on a walk after dinner one night...The kids were dressed cute...



They ended up as this...







5 comments:

Shauna said...

What great pictures! I looks like you had such a great time! It makes me want to get on a plane NOW! we missed you.

Hunter Bug said...

Oh man...you make it look effortless to take to kids to the beach by yourself too! It looks like heaven!!

Aubrey said...

The last picture is my favorite! SO cute!!!

Amber said...

I wasn't completely alone...My mom was with me and helped a LOT!

Sam Ransom said...

Sounds like a great trip. Makes me want to get away.

I love the picture of Darcy walking away in her dress on the beach! So cute!