Monday, July 13, 2009

Price My Space

The Nesting Place is having a party and I thought it would be fun to try it out! I love the Nester! She has great ideas! This is my first time to party with them so I'm a little nervous and remember my home is always a working progress!

I chose to do my kitchen area since it's where we spend a lot of time. And I have to tell you I love to find bargains! I have a different perspective now that I've taken pics and am staring at it. I already see a few things I want to change! But here we go...
1. Table and 6 chairs, extends to be bigger: $500 from a friend
2. 4 full panels; $12 each-Target Clearance
3. Chandelier from a Liquidation Sale at Design Lighting (Dangerous Sale Folks...) $180
( and I even hung it by myself! Don't try that at home)


4. My Favorite Piece! Kitchen Island $160! (Used to be my son's changing table) Already had the red paint, bought the piece of Granite that sits atop of it from a friend.
5. Rug; $20- Target Clearance
6. Plate Rack- Free, 3 Cowgirl plates $6 each from Kohl's
7. Bar Stool- Free from an Uncle's Bar in Houston
8. Window Valances, 4 at $7 each- Target Clearance Again
Lemons and Glass Jar- Marshall's $35

So there you have a little insight on one room. Now that I look at the picture, I REALLY need to paint eventually. Throw me some colors that might look good! Stainless Steel Appliances would be Super too, but I guess I'll have to save for that!

Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

The Little Red Shop said...

I love the red island!!!!!! I like your wall color too..it, along with the warm wood stain and red, are very inviting! Stainless is always wonderful, but I also like to throw in other little pops of color in smaller appliances. My toaster and my microwave are red.

Your space looks great!

: )

Julie M.

ps I like your stripey rug too. My grandparents entire mid-century basement was carpeted in a colorful stripe and I have a rug sized sample of it I need to have bound! Have you seen the rug on the Kate Winslet's staircase in "The Holiday." So cute!

Anonymous said...

I love the changing table turned island! So clever!

Stephanie said...

LOVE the red island! Love your whole space, actually! :)

Sam Ransom said...

Love the space- LOVE the prices!! What great deals!

L-squared said...

It looks awesome!! And I'm impressed with your bargain shopping!! I spend most of my free time dreaming about what I want to change in my house and what I want on certain walls... you've RE-INSPIRED me!

KC Mom said...

Good job! You have done a great job documenting it too! That's a lot of work!
My favorite is the island too.

Frosty said...

I hate to be a copycat, but the island by far is my fav. And it's red...fabulous! A changing table initially...really? Amazing! Great work girl. I still love what Shauna did with the curtains in the corner.

Marie said...

Hello Amber - love your kitchen. Like the other commenters, my fave is your island! Very creative idea. The granite on top looks fabulous! Thank you for sharing.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com