Saturday, October 10, 2009

Accountability

*Caution* I may offend somebody...But it's my blog...

As I lay in bed for the THIRD day, I caught something on Fox News that really irked me. The reporter was talking to the Coca Cola CEO about Soft Drinks being Taxed more because it caused Obesity....EXCUSE ME!???? But last I checked everyone had free agency on what they want to put in their body!! If I want to have a soft drink, I'm entitled right! What happened to making everyone responsible for themselves and what they eat! That's why we are here right? To test our free agency?

When we were at Disneyworld a few weeks ago , the first day we were at Magic Kingdom, I noticed something very scary. This is no exaggeration, I bet 3 out of 4 people were completely overweight. I'm not talking a few pounds...I'm talking WAY overweight. Kids too! It was the first time I've really noticed this epidemic that the media continues to talk about.

Don't get me wrong, I could stand to lose a few pounds,

BUT, people have the free agency to choose what goes into their body and when and how much they exercise. Why should there be extra tax on soda? Silly to me.

I had to get that off my chest.

8 comments:

Aubrey said...

NOBAMA. End of the problem. :]

Frosty said...

Amber - I'm with you. Free agency does not affect our "big decisions" in life...but ALL. And like you pointed out, this affects our food/drink choices.

These extra pounds hanging around my thighs were not put there by someone else CHOOSING my food...it was me. And I take responsibility. I wish others would too. Thanks for blogging this!

Jackie

L-squared said...

Yeah, that is completely ridiculous. And you're right,unfortunately I have no one else to blame for my choice of beverage. I go with the hard stuff- C-O-K-E, no diet for me.

Sam Ransom said...

Isn't that weird. I'm not sure how they decide what does or doesn't cause obesity, since lots of people drink soda that aren't obese. It is scary though what a problem it is. I'm totally addicted to Biggest Loser and this year I was just so sad for the people. I mean they have several people that are starting above 400 lbs. Just crazy and sad to me the life these people are living.

Amber said...

I too am addicted to biggest loser this year!

abbycarlson said...

It is truly a lesson in choice and accountability (I feel like I'm back in YW for a moment). We choose to eat unhealthy things, which leads to weight gain, which then can rob you of enjoying so many things in life. Using the freedom to eat what you want to eat in excess gives you momentary pleasure, but in the long run restricts your freedom!
If I could only give up ice cream....

Girly Stuff said...

How much more money does the government need? Why isn't 40% of my earnings enough? They will come up with anything just to eek more money out of us.

Next they will put a tax on air conditioning because it makes sweat less which leads to obesity.

Amber said...

Too funny Girly! You are right, seriously how much more money do they need? In our house when we need money, we cut out other things! They should try it!