Monday, March 14, 2011

Strength

Today, I feel strong.

Since June 28, 2010 until now, I have lost 28 pounds. My ultimate goal includes 10 more pounds. I do want to see that number, but more importantly I want to be strong as a mother/wife.
I have worked out and worked out and built up my strength, and controlled my nutrition. I have set a goal of sprint triathlons this summer. Setting a goal helps you focus your exercise.
This takes will power/mind power. I am proud of my body and the way it is working for me. I am grateful to have a body that can function as I want it to (most days). I will take care of my body for my body is a temple for my spirit. I will continue to exercise and eat right and take the vitamins and supplements I need to take. I will be strong for me and for my family and I will be a good example to my children and others. I will fall down a few times, but then I can reread this post and focus again.

Today I jogged 3 miles in around 27-28 minutes and then hopped on the bike and rode 6 miles in 28 minutes. Last week I swam my 1/2 mile in the pool in 13/14 minutes. A few months ago I thought I might drown in the lake this summer during my triathlon, but baby steps and support from others have led me to today. Just a little step at a time is what I continue to tell myself. I am trying to treat life the same way...Just a day at a time. Do my best each day and the picture will be full of wonderful memories.

I am woman...Hear me ROAR!
New: My husband read my blog and sent me this e-mail. What a great man I have!

"I saw your newest blog post... I didn't think it was possible for you to impress me more as a woman and mother, but you did. I don't think I'll ever be able to express to you how lucky I feel each and every day I spend with you. You are a strong and amazing woman and I wouldn't have it any other way...

I know I've been working a lot lately and I haven't been there for you and the kids as much as before. I need you to realize how much I love and appreciate how you are able to remain strong and hold are family together. Even though I don't/can't express it to you very often, I do appreciate it and can't imagine you not being there to raise our beautiful children. Sometimes I get frustrated because I am not able to provide you and the kids the lifestyle that I feel you deserve, but I'm working on it.

I love you dearly and thank the Lord daily that I get to spend eternity with an angel. I hope you have a great day."

My darling husband, I love my job as a wife and a mother and have everything I've dreamt of!

2 comments:

McAtee Family said...

You are rockin' it and you should be so proud of yourself!!

Amber said...

Thanks girl!