Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Dream from Heaven

This morning, josh kissed me goodbye as he left for work, and I fell back asleep for about 30-40 minutes. In this short amount of time, the lord gave me a wonderful gift to start my day...

I was an emotional mess this morning because I was so happy with this joy I had felt!

I had a dream that I pulled into my grandpa's house in alabama, same place it had always been, but there were beautiful gates, and the house looked updated...Same plan but fancier and brighter...

I was so excited to see him because I haven't seen him in so long...gosh 12 years maybe? I jumped out of the car and ran into the house, The smells were the same, scenery the same, just as I remember it. And then came my grandpa, This tall man, standing straight and tall, over 6'3", same half bald head, but the youth in his face was amazing! No wrinkles, just pure joy and light in his face. And he ran to hug me! No words were exchanged but I cannot even describe the joy and happiness that radiated from him. He just kept smiling at me. Then I awoke, with this happiness to start my day...

I was so excited at what I just experienced, I went into Darcy's room to wake her for school. I told her of my dream and I was crying telling her even, because I felt as though I was really there. She cried with me and hugged me (she's never met him) and I told her what a gift from heavenly father that was. He let me peak in at a little slice of heaven.

I'm so grateful today for that.

I know that my heavenly father loves us and shows us tender mercies just when we need them. I know that I will live with him again and with my family because we are sealed for eternity. I know that I better get to finishing the work for my grandfather, he is waiting! I'm so blessed to have the knowledge I have and grateful I can teach my children so that they may have the same blessings. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful story and the update. I miss your little family, and it is good to hear that you are all doing well. Can you believe that our babies will be 2!!! I still think of you and Ruth everytime their Birthdays come around. Glad Primary is going good. You are perfrect for that calling. Miss you.